Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take cahrge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- Make up their own drumming patterns
- Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- Create movement ideas for songs
- Even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4-5 and include:
- Weekly, 45 minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
- Access to onlien drum-play videos and other materials
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping a beat, improvising, ensemble play and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be included in the cost of tuition this first semester, and it will be expected that your child bring his or her drum to class every week. Special discounts on djembe drums will be available to families should they wish to buy additional djembe drums.